A person needs to breathe in clean air to stay healthy to live a long life. The task of cleaning air can be best performed by the air purifiers. The bacteria in the air can be removed by air purifiers. The best place for air purifiers is at homes where you may face many allergens in different forms like odor, pollen, smoke, dust, etc.
Best Air Purifiers Under 50 Dollars In 2021
- Best Overall: RIGOGLIOSO Home Air Purifier
- Best Hepa: Airthereal ADH50B Air Purifier
- Best Budget: JINPUS Portable GL-2103
- Best for Allergies: KOIOS True HEPA Purifier
1. Best Overall: RIGOGLIOSO Home Air Purifier
This type of purifier makes sure it creates no noise so that you could enjoy a peaceful sleep. It is small and designed to fit any space in a room. It is compact, but the performance it delivers is powerful. The blue LED light enlightens when it performs the functions. It automatically shuts down after 8 hours of work. Overall it’s among the best home air purifiers of the year.
2. Best Hepa: Airthereal ADH50B Air Purifier
This product also follows the three filtration stage process and easily captures particles as small as 0.3 microns. This purifier also can remove allergens or pollutants from the air, which are 500 times smaller than a single strand of human hair. It provides you comfortable sleep by setting its noise at 22 dB. It is extremely light in weight that makes it easy for you to carry it anywhere you want.
3. Best Budget: JINPUS Portable GL-2103
The product helps the air with faster circulation, which increases the efficiency of cleanliness in the air. The purifier does not make any loud noise and provides you a comfortable and quality sleep. Also, the small size of the product makes it easy to adjust to any small area or room. Although it is compact, it delivers extraordinary performance. The product can be easily operated with the use of one button that creates a perfect atmosphere for you.
4. Best for Allergies: KOIOS True HEPA Purifier
It is a 100% ozone free product that catches 99.97% of the allergens present in the air. The product promises to improve the overall health as it successfully traps microns of 0.3 size. There are three stages of filtration in the product. KOIOS air purifier easily catch the odors in the house like that of cooking, smoking, etc. The purifier is designed with advanced technology. It has multiple features but isn’t suitable for outdoor use, however would be perfect for cleaning bathroom air.
Things To Consider Before Buying Air Purifier
Before buying the air purifier, most of the customers forget to consider the shape of the purifier.
Size of the Purifier
If you want to know which purifier is exactly according to your needs and desires, you should know about the specifications of the purifier size and shape. Most of the customers think that the size of the purifier can be easily fitted in every place, but it is really important to know which size can fit into the placement of your room. But the major mistake you can make while buying a purifier is that you can buy a new purifier is that you think it can solve all the indoor problems, but it will create many issues, though.
For making sure that you are buying the right purifier, the only thing you have to consider is to check the footage and its reviews by the buyers who have used it. The next thing you can do is to check the size of the room where it is going to be fitted.
If the device footage has a greater or equal sign on it, then it is a good choice for buying; otherwise, it will prove just a waste of money.
Here are the specific sizes of the purifier for buying:
For the air purifier required for the single, you can calculate the area by multiplying the length and width of the in feet and then consider it as the size of a square measurement of footage. For example, a 10′ x 20′ room = 200 sq. ft is ideal for single room fitting.
The additional step of the fitting of the purifier in a connected room like a dining table, drawing room, and T.V lounge is to combine the measurement of square footage as one. For example, a 10′ x 20′ living room = 200 sq. ft., a 10′ x 10′ dining room = 100 sq. ft., and a 15′ x 20′ kitchen = 300 sq. ft. Combining these totals together (200 + 100 + 300) equals 600 sq. ft is ideal for multiple connected rooms.
After doing these calculations, you will come to know that buying a purifier is a crucial task for different areas and different sizes. These are the specifications you should consider.
Considering the Placement of Air Purifier
This part about the placement of the purifier is that it is the most important consideration where the purifier is being placed because it will be going to affect the working of the purifier very much. It is said that size and footage matter, but if you don’t put it in the right spot of the room, it may not work well as it is designed to work.
These are some more considerations before buying the air purifier.
Air purifiers that use a HEPA filter and/or Carbon filter depend on a fan that pulls the dirt and polluted air into it and pushes out the clean air into the environment. By outing the machine under the couch, behind the sofa, or in the front of the wall, this may block the air stream of the fan and hinder the performance of the purifier. The best place for placing the purifier is to put 2 feet away from the wall or any object. This will give the machine to work properly by having enough space for its air stream passages.
Air cleaners that use Ionic filtration do not depend and operate with the help of a fan, but it works on the principle of ions spreading in the environment in a 360-degree rotation. In this case, if you are placing something in front of the purifier, then you will also put a hurdle in its working. The best place where it is working efficiently is the center of the room, so this is the best place for putting the purifier.
Features of the Air Purifier that should be present in it
- There is a pre-filter present in the purifier, which helps in purifying the larger particles of dirt and dust so it may not affect the life of the purifier, and the internal purifier also not get damaged.
- There must be digital control of the machine because it will work effectively than other rotators or button push purifiers.
- Purifiers should have adjustable design speed, which may help in adjusting the speed of the fan and air coming out of it.
- There must be present some air filter indicators that give us know-how about the filters working in a purifier.
- There is also the programmable timer present, as it is very important for the house purifiers. It will help in shutting down the machine after some specific time is set.
- The purifier must have a handle, which makes it easy to transport the machine from one place to another.
- Just like handles, the caster is also really important as it gives balance and support while moving the machine because it will easily roll over the wheels.
- The purifier should have disinfectant, which removes all the contamination from the air.
- Advanced filtering processes may also remove mold, fungus, and other microbes present in the air, which may prove hazardous for human health.
- The nightlight is also present, which helps in making the system visible in the dark.
- The presence of remote control also helps in controlling its system from some distance too.
- There is also a mobile application related to the adjustable purifier, which helps in controlling by using the mobile phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do air purifiers have specific odors?
There are some special carbon filters present in the purifiers which remove the odors of any kind.
2. Will air purifiers help in treating asthma or breathing problems?
The answer is NO. It will only purify the air but does not treat any disease.
3. Are there any side effects of air purifiers?
Honestly speaking, there is no side effect of the air purifier. There are very few purifiers that produce a small amount of ozone, but you can check it before buying the air purifier.
4. What is the use of air quality sensors?
Air quality sensors are an important feature of the air purifier as it gives us information about the quality of air and also makes it clean and healthy for inhalation.
5. Do I need an air purifier for every room?
It is not a compulsion, and there is no need to buy a purifier for almost every room. The room that stays mostly occupied needs an air purifier more. But one purifier can be used at different places as well.
6. Is air dried out through this product?
Well, no. It works only to trap various pollutants like dust, pet hair, mold, pollen, etc. The moisture of the air cannot be decreased through it. If there is cold air in indoor areas, one can expect low humidity.
7. How much time is required by purifiers for cleanliness?
It takes a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours for cleaning a room. If you want to have a better estimate yourself, use the purifier and note the total time based on the coverage area, size of the room, and speed of the fan of the product.